Thursday, August 5, 2010

Simple

No novel today. Just some pictures I took over the last couple of days.

The first one I took out in the little garden beside the house. Its nice in there, full of little birdbaths, false stream beds and a couple of rose bushes. Actually I'm not sure if this is a rose or not. It may be something that looks like a rose and is masquerading. In any case, I snapped a picture of it as soon as I noticed it. Flowers in that little garden tend to dry up pretty damned fast in the summer.

You can see its already starting to burn in the sun. California sun might be some of the best, but up here in the mountains it tends to fry more than anything else.

And here we have a couple of little critters that I received as a gift while at work. The library has been getting a bunch of books on knitting and crocheting little animals and creatures of all sorts. I would love to be able to knit or crochet, just so I could make some of these creatures. It looks like it'd be a lot of fun. Alas, I am more likely to get tied up in the yarn than create something cute and wonderful like this young lady did. She showed me an entire family she'd made using the mysterious art of crochet. Then she handed me these and said they were for me! I LOVE them!


I'm told that the white one is an alien, from the planet Crochet. He's very cute, and I'm going to have to figure out how to hang him off my backpack. Next to him are a set of cherries. One is happy, and the other is sad, like theatrical masks. The cherries came complete with stems and leaves. I love it. Maybe I can hang them in my car. :)

I really need to learn to crochet. There was an entire book on how to make everything from monkeys to zombies. Looked like a lot of fun. *sighs* Yet another thing to learn before I expire. In due time of course.

No comments: