Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!

Yes, its my favorite day of the year, and I had a great time spending it with friends at my original library job site with my former boss. We had a great time talking and laughing and handing out candy to the kids who came through. There were some very inventive costumes this year, including the likes of Count Burger, The Thing From the Back of the Fridge, and a Tin Foil Plated Robot! Lots of Fairies, Spider-men and Batmans. I guess they really can be everywhere at once. Evil doers beware for the might of superheroes is everywhere! With Fairies in tow! Sometimes little sisters can be much more dangerous than their older brothers as was witnessed by myself as a Fairy, no more than 4, mercilessly clubbed a bully with her wand when he went to steal her brothers candy. Much to my shame I must admit to some small enjoyment in that. That little girl had a wicked swing.

This morning I had a fairly good group for Story Time. I sort of wish that the one parent has told me that their little boy was scared of dogs, because while I was reading them a book called The Halloweiner he kept standing up in front of the book shouting "NO!". If I'd known ahead of time, I would've switched to another book. As is was things were rather exciting with him jumping up every time he saw a dog in the story. But he's still a good kid most of the time.

So here I sit on Halloween in the living room watching spooky shows, and updating my blog. Tomorrow it will be November. Lots of things going on next month and I will be glad when its all out of the way, so I can just come home not worry about upcoming things I have to get ready for. The rather prominent dark circles under my eyes are demanding down time. I would taking some now, but I have to keep going for a little longer, after which I assure you I will be collapsing for some odd amount of time. Its 9 pm or so as I finish writing this, and that's basically the last hour I'm up, so I bid you all a Happy Halloween and a safe fun evening, because that's what its there for!! Night all!

No comments: