Saturday, December 27, 2008

Snow Dog

Everyone asks me at work if I got snow. Yeeesss, we got snow. Lots of snow, piles of snow... right around a foot and a half depending upon your location on the property. In some places it was up to my knees and in others it was mid calf. This was all last week though. My dog loved it! The chickens took one dubious look and disappeared into their hen house. They didn't dine to make an appearance again until the sun came out. My dog unfortunately had had surgery to have a lump removed from her chin (something I should've done long ago, but lacked money. When this took place I still didn't have money, but got it done anyway) which was looking kinda nasty. Hair loss, odd color... *shudder*

But enough about my dog's ex 5th appendage and on to the collar which kept her from scratching the hell out of her stitches. When she went out to potty, off came the collar, and out into the snow she went with glee. Behind her I was being towed. She liked springing though the snow like (sorry in advance for the pun) a bunny. Goof ball. Basically she loves the snow and I went and made it so she couldn't go running around in it. Very disappointing for the poor beast.

This morning I got a pleasant surprise when I arrived at work. A friend I hadn't seen for a while was waiting for me there. She tried hiding so it'd be a surprise when she jumped out. Except I recognized her car before I saw her standing up there with her son. So I parked the car leaned out the door and said,"Hi (insert a name)!" At which point she cracked up. That was quite fun and a much appreciated visit. Lots of laughing and catching up. Friends I don't see often are always welcome to show up and say hi. :)

Over the next few days I plan on doing nothing, but sleeping, playing on my computer and... maybe watching a few movies... oh, and maybe seeing if I can get the new memory cards installed on the computer. Oh joy. 

No comments: