Thursday, January 1, 2009

Screwed

So, I've had my laptop for about a week now, and everything is going great! Except for the memory that I'd like to replace, because it would bump it from 2 gigs of memory to 4 gigs. I've got the new chips right here, and I've got a tiny screwdriver that should work... except the screws on the back of this laptop are in there so damned tight they won't budge. This calls for me taking it down to one of the computer stores and asking them to undo the screws, which I'd really rather avoid. Knowing most of these places would probably try and charge me for the use of a tiny screwdriver and their arm. I wonder what that would add up to... $20? Probably more, they'd consider it manual labor. Whatever happened to good old fashion kindness and customer service. You do realize that sometimes customer service IS kindness right? Well, I can but try and see what happens. 

This week, I think I'm going to try and see a movie. Now, the problem with this is that there isn't really anything out there currently that I want to see. I managed to miss the new Bond flick before it disappeared from theaters in my area, and then there was Twilight, which is only at night now and I detest night showings. Too many people in the theater with me. If there were a halfway decent horror film I'd go see that, because most of the populace isn't interested in seeing them at a matinee. What I'd like to see is Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. He appears to have slipped back into his Dirty Harry persona, which I've always found most amusing, and was last really seen in the Rookie. (Ah, fond memories) Although my guess is that the character will go deeper than that. We shall see. 

Today I think I'm just going to watch some stuff on my computer and finish laundry.  I mean I'm going to go to this wonderful Anime site I found that streams Anime! And other Asian Dramas. At the moment I'm caught up in MARS (Drama side of the site under Taiwan), and probably will be caught up in Tactics later, which can be found on the Anime portion of the site. Oh, I do love this place, and its practically been home for the last few days. YAY! Anyway, I'm going to go enjoy my day off. Happy New Years to everyone! :)

No comments: