Sunday, September 12, 2010

Absentee Camera

Every once in a while I actually remember to take my camera with me, because I've spotted something on the way to work, or something along the way that I'd like to take a picture of before it's gone. This happens frequently when I'm on the road. They'll be a cloud formation that's just totally unique, or the way the light is slanting through the trees onto dried out grass. Or dawn over the divide, above mountain peaks jutting up from a thick low fog bank. There was the sunset that happened right after a huge storm last September that literally emblazoned the sky with broad sweeps of vivid pinks, yellows, oranges and light blues. It looked liked a shattered stained glass window thrown into the sky.

And I didn't have my damned camera with me in all these instances.

So when I saw this in the small grass area in front of where I park my car at work, I brought my camera the next day. This had also happened last year, and I was about to go outside and snap a shot of them, but before I could, someone plucked them and brought them to me as a gift. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I prefer my flowers alive, and smiled my thanks while inwardly cursing my wonderful luck.

Anyway, I believe these are called Naked Ladies. These are growing wild near my workplace, and I see them every year. This year, there were a lot of them.

There are several more sets of Naked Ladies on either side of this one, and I had a hell of a time getting this picture, because they've nestled themselves comfortably inside a rather unfriendly sticker bush. I have scars to prove it.

I'm glad I took this picture when I did.

Because the next day the county very helpfully parked their umpteen ton tractor on it.

..... i find progress very irritating sometimes.....

*sighs*

2 comments:

Callie Brady said...

I love the distinctive sweet scent that the naked ladies have, well at least the ones I remember did when I was a kid. Very nice photo. Sorry about the scars...

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Kristine ~ The naked ladies are beautiful , glad you were able to capture that beautiful photo before their demise.
Thanks for your comment about the buck. I plan to keep a close eye on him and keep the grand kids away him until I decide what to do. Since I bought him for breeding , I'll probably get rid of him in a few months after the females are breed. Thanks , again !

~ Many Blessings ~