Wednesday, October 3, 2007

All Tattered and Torn...

Nobody panic! The title does not mean that I ran afoul of uncoordinated legs and the harsh reality of pavement, but in fact refers to me decorating my library for Halloween. Ghosties in the windows, ragged, torn unpleasant looking cloth hanging in the kids section, and of course some well placed spider webs, both silver and black. Complete with their eight legged creators, they make for a real scene in the kids section! Still to go up are the ghost costumes for the regular fair that hangs from the ceiling (a trio of plush jellyfish) in the kids section and to keep them company will be some little blow-up pumpkins and ghosts. Now all I have to do is figure out how to hang them up there when I have a lack of means to do so. High ceiling.. no ladder. However, I am nothing if not resourceful, so it shouldn't take me long to figure something out to get them up there. The wall also requires a little Happy Halloween sign. The themed books are already pulled and set on display. Perhaps I have been over zealous in my anticipation of Halloween. We'll see. ;)

Once again, I am up late past my bedtime. So much work to do and not enough time to do it in. I was supposed to be taking this weekend off so I could catch up on sleep, but alas, it appears I will be catching up on homework! ;) Its fine. I need the extra time this week to really do some digging for the assignments. Anyway, I do have the internship tomorrow, so I must away to my sleepy spot for the night. Retire would've been a much more optimum word, but sleepy spot is a lot more fun imagery wise. Night night! ;)

1 comment:

Callie Brady said...

I'll volunteer my step ladder and myself to hold it steady... whadya think? The decorations sound like a lot of fun!