Sunday, October 14, 2007

Assignment? Manga!

Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to find new Manga titles to suggest for the library. Thankfully no one said the phone would explode in 5 seconds. However I was asked to find new titles that would be attractive to Juniors and Teens as Manga has become an extremely hot item. Saturday I began my mission by stalking the Manga section at Barnes and Noble, and picking out a few promising titles... put I did not get out unscathed. Sheered of $45, I stumbled to my car and got in. There has to be a better way to do this, because I'm going to end up spending my entire paycheck on this stuff. The sarcastic little voice in the back of my head with typical cynicism notified me that I do this anyway, so why change now? I squinted my eyes and ignored his mocking laughter, but had to admit that he was right. So now I find myself contemplating signing up at a website that is not unlike Netflicks, Blockbuster or Gamefly. For a lot less than I pay for the Manga I can just rent it for a while and send it back. Unless I actually want a copy and then I can buy it for a discounted price apparently. This will take some mulling over, but it sure would be nice if I had that option. And they allow you to rent Anime DVDs as well. That would be extremely nice since I get asked about those as well. We shall see. To sign up or not to sign up. That is the question. ;)

In an attempt to be ready for the yearly request from my grandmother, I have begun to put together my Christmas list. Most people have no problem with this. I on the other hand usually can't think of a darned thing to ask for. So I ask for DVDs, ones I know they will be able to find. Everything else I tend to get for myself. Its a problem of mine and it apparently annoys family members, so I just wait on certain things so they can get them for me. Weird, but true. Okay, I think its weird, but others may not. See, if I ask for an action figure from the Justice Line released by DC, called Solomon Grundy, I'm not sure they take that seriously, so I get it myself. Some things are just not acceptable for Christmas presents I guess, or perhaps I was supposed to have grown out of my love of comics and cartoons long ago. They said I'd eventually like dresses too, and my how wrong they were on that front as well. I still consider those things unacceptable attire for work and at home and I don't think I should have to wear them for special occasions either. A nice pair of slacks, and a dress shirt is fine. ;)


Apparently I've fallen into the dreaded pit of rambling, which means I'm sleepy. Too the bed I shall retire and I'll post again at some point. Probably soon. Who knows. Hope you all sleep well. Night.

No comments: